Building the Capacity for Small and Growing Businesses to Improve the Climate Resilience of Women Farmers
April 15, 2021
Recognizing the impact of climate change on women and the important role of women in mitigating its effects, in 2019 Root Capital launched its first-ever climate resilience-focused Gender Equity Grants (GEGs) in Mexico and Central America. This report, prepared by Value for Women, examines the effectiveness and relative impact of this intervention. It also recommends best practices for investors, donors, and other organizations working to promote rural women’s climate resilience through agricultural enterprises.
The report also contains the following practical tools, which can be adapted and used by gender-focused impact investors to formulate financing and technical assistance projects like the Gender Equity Grant program.
- Tool 1 – Climate change and gender survey
- Tool 2 – Individual interviews guide for cooperative’s personnel and leadership
- Tool 3 – Focus group questionnaire for women cooperative members
- Tool 4 – Individual interview guide for women and men cooperative members
- Tool 5 – Root Capital’s climate resilience and gender diagnostic for agricultural small and growing businesses