Climate Resilience Roadmap 2021 Mid-Year Report
Root Capital’s Climate Resilience Roadmap, launched in 2020, is our comprehensive plan for providing agricultural enterprises with the information, management skills, and capital needed to build resilience to climate change. Over the next five years, we are committed to partnering with more than 175 enterprises and 500,000 rural families to advance urgent climate action.
From January through June 2021, we made significant progress toward our climate resilience goals:
- Expanded financing to agricultural businesses making substantial contributions to climate action;
- Delivered tailored agronomic and climate resilience advisory services to enterprise staff;
- Piloted the Cool Farm Tool with 50 coffee farmers in Guatemala, Honduras, and Peru;
- Designed a new loan product to finance soil regeneration efforts; and
- Contributed expertise to global climate action efforts.
Read more in our Climate Resilience Roadmap 2021 Mid-Year Report.