Reports To: Sr. Salesforce Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Region: América Central & México - Estados Unidos
Location: USA (remote or Cambridge, MA) or Costa Rica (San José)
Start Date: Immediate
Contact: Please apply by filling out the form below.
The Salesforce team delivers a high-level of customer service supporting a platform that is used by approximately 120 Root Capital staff and consultants around the world. The Salesforce Administrator is an integral part of this small, but mighty team servicing all departments across the organization with everything from customer engagement and standard CRM functionality to loan servicing, procurement processing, and everything in between. The Salesforce Administrator will work in close coordination with the Senior Salesforce Administrator to ensure the quality of the platform’s existing infrastructure and to support the organization’s ambitious plans for further development.
The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for conducting trainings, developing learning resources and using both analytics and observation to identify and proactively promote opportunities to increase process efficiencies.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a cool-minded, critical thinker who is interested in the interplay between business processes, user experience, and technical solutions.
Mission & History of Root Capital
Root Capital is a nonprofit whose mission is to grow rural prosperity and build the resilience of farming families around the world. We support the growth of agricultural enterprises so they can transform rural communities. These businesses purchase crops such as coffee, cocoa, or grains from smallholder farmers. With growth, they become engines of impact that can raise incomes, create jobs for the next generation of leaders, level the playing field for women, and take urgent action against climate change.
We supply these businesses with vital credit and capacity building to foster their growth and resilience. We work in hard-to-serve communities where others don’t. To date, we’ve distributed $1.6 billion to improve the lives of over 10 million people in farming families. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Root Capital currently has associated offices in Costa Rica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Colombia, Peru, Ghana, and Kenya.
Salesforce Administration (70%)
Is the system functioning as it should and do users have the tools, support and know-how needed to perform their jobs?
- Responsible for day-to-day Salesforce administration, including but not limited to, maintenance of users, custom fields, data flow management, and the development of reports and dashboards
- Provide end-user support for internal case management and case triage
- Develop, organize and maintain system documentation
- Conduct trainings and develop resources for on-going support and promotion of best practices
- Execute scheduled monitoring activities and ensure that the proper checks are in place to promote data quality and ensure that system processes are aligned with user workflows
- Assist in testing and maintaining third-party tools and integrations.
Analysis of Infrastructure and System Development (30%)
How do we better leverage the Salesforce platform?
- Conduct interviews with end-users to understand and identify areas for system improvements, as well as, areas where documentation or trainings can be improved
- Stay up to date with Salesforce releases and understand how those releases may impact current processes and end-users
- Conduct gap analysis and recommend areas for improvement
- Assist in the oversight of the Salesforce Council and work with the team to coordinate project planning and prioritization, increasing transparencies and communication
- Provide planning, design, and implementation of discrete projects in coordination with teams to develop, test, and execute new features in line with agreed project planning and proposed timelines
- Be a thought partner for Salesforce and Salesforce-adjacent system needs.
Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the Salesforce platform, data structure, security permissions and reporting functions.
- Minimum of two years of experience using Salesforce in an administrative capacity. Preference to candidates with an Admin 201 certification.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience as a Salesforce administrator.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability and patience to translate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing organizational needs and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Spanish proficiency is helpful, though not required.
- Commitment to Root Capital’s mission.
- Authorized to work in the US or Costa Rica.
Commensurate with experience.
More information about Root Capital is available at www.rootcapital.org. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply using the form below as soon as possible, making sure to include a resume and cover letter that describes your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position. Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.
Root Capital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, active military or veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth, and breastfeeding and expressing breast milk), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Root Capital is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that upholds our leadership principles of: empowerment, equity, integrity, service, and transparency.
U.S applicants: Root Capital Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government your I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, see here. Learn more about your right to work.