Request for Proposals: Demand Assessment for SME Financing in Vietnam’s Coffee Industry
Reports To: Katie Naeve, Senior Impact and Partnership Manager
Job Type: This assignment requires the full-time equivalent of 30-40 days, concluding by April 30, 2019.
Region: Southeast Asia
Location: This position is based remotely.
Start Date: February 22, 2019
Contact: Please submit all applications to Alessandra Zielinski: email@example.com
About Root Capital
Root Capital invests in the growth of agricultural enterprises so they can transform rural communities. These businesses purchase crops such as coffee, cocoa, or grains from smallholder farmers. With growth, they become engines of impact that can raise incomes, create jobs, empower women and young people, sustain peace and preserve vulnerable ecosystems.
Root Capital supplies these businesses with vital resources: access to capital, trade and technical partners, financial training, and conservation practices. We work in hard-to-serve geographies where others don’t. To date, we’ve loaned $1.2 billion to improve the lives of six million people in farming communities.
In 2014, we expanded our operations to serve producer cooperatives and private enterprises in Southeast Asia. Having already disbursed more than 15 million USD to a network of nine borrowers, we are now exploring the possibility of scaling up our lending activities in the region. Ultimately, our aim is to accelerate the growth of agricultural SMEs in the country and, in turn, boost income among smallholder farmers.
Root Capital is currently seeking highly qualified candidates to conduct an in-depth scoping of Vietnam’s coffee sector. We will prioritize candidates with demonstrated experience within Vietnam’s coffee sector as well as those with local networks.
To see the full list of qualifications and a more detailed description of the position, please click here.
Instructions for Proposal Submission
We need your industry expertise, and we understand the time and energy you’ll spend completing a proposal. Thank you in advance for your effort to consider and complete it.
Interested applicants should submit a brief proposal, structured as below, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Study Proposal: Coffee Industry in Vietnam (Last Name)” by February 22, 2019.
A complete submission should include:
- An executive summary presenting your unique qualifications for this project. Please focus on your expertise within the coffee sector and experience managing independent consultancies. (2 page maximum)
- A CV or resume featuring coffee-related experience and/or relevant past consultancies. (2 page maximum)
- A proposed workplan and timeline that outlines: the development of research tools, any travel plans, tentative interviewee list, and projected submission dates of deliverables. (3 page maximum)
- A proposed budget, including consultancy payments and anticipated travel expenses (1 page maximum)
- Three references, with at least one from the coffee industry or closely-related area and one client of past independent consultancies
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to submit their proposal as early as possible.