Global Learning & Development Specialist
Reports To: Chief People Officer
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Region: Central America & Mexico - East Africa - South America - United States
Location: Remote (open to any country where Root Capital is registered; see "Requirements" section below for more details)
Start Date: Immediate
Contact: Please apply by using the form below.
The Global Learning & Development Specialist will promote Root Capital’s philosophy and mission through talent management support for each employee across the organization. You will support the Chief People Officer in creating a learning and development framework across all levels of the organization and across the employee life cycle. You will partner with all levels of the organization to ensure that employees have the tools and information they need to be efficient, productive, and thrive in our organization.
You will maintain a people-first approach, using technology to enable continuous improvement and access to development opportunities. The goal is for each employee to feel supported and well-equipped in their current role and grow within the organization. Your demeanor, work style, and approach will be representative of our organization’s values and leadership principles as we work as a united team toward the organization’s mission and goals. You view HR as more than an administrative, compliance-driven task; instead, you view your role as an opportunity to shape our organizational culture and make Root Capital a great place to work. The more our employees feel supported, the better they support our clients. This is our team’s global impact.
Mission & History of Root Capital
Root Capital is a nonprofit whose mission is to grow rural prosperity and build the resilience of farming families around the world. We support the growth of agricultural enterprises so they can transform rural communities. These businesses purchase crops such as coffee, cocoa, or grains from smallholder farmers. With growth, they become engines of impact that can raise incomes, create jobs for the next generation of leaders, level the playing field for women, and take urgent action against climate change.
We supply these businesses with vital credit and capacity building to foster their growth and resilience. We work in hard-to-serve communities where others don’t. To date, we’ve distributed $1.5 billion to improve the lives of over 10 million people in farming families.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Root Capital currently has associated offices in Costa Rica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Colombia, Peru, Ghana, and Kenya.
- Assesses training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers, instructors, and employees.
- Creates, organizes, plans, and presents various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training for employees and customers.
- Develops unique training programs to fulfill employees’ specific needs to maintain or improve job skills.
- Creates and/or acquires training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials.
- Presents training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussion, lectures, simulations, and videos (as needed)
- Maintains records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
- Assesses training materials prepared by instructors.
- Evaluates program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in training and development.
- Prepares and implements training budget; maintains records and reports of expenses.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate business needs into developmental solutions
- Strong presentation skills.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
- Proficient with technology (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Box, BambooHR, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Training and Development, or a related field preferred.
- At least two years of training experience is strongly preferred.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, and/or CPLP preferred.
- Commitment to Root Capital’s mission.
- Must be authorized to work in the following countries: Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Kenya, Mexico, Peru, or the United States.
More information about Root Capital is available at www.rootcapital.org. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply using the form below as soon as possible, making sure to include a resume and cover letter that describes your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position. Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.
U.S applicants: Root Capital Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government your I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, see here. Learn more about your right to work.
Root Capital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, active military or veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth, and breastfeeding and expressing breast milk), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Root Capital is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that upholds our leadership principles of empowerment, equity, integrity, service, and transparency.