Global IT Support Specialist
Reports To: IT Operations Manager
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Region: Central America & Mexico - South America
Location: Latin America (San Jose, Costa Rica; Lima, Peru)
Start Date: Immediate
Contact: Please apply by filling out the form below.
The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting the daily operation of IT hardware and software. This position will primarily be responsible for the resolution and triage of support cases submitted throughout the day, with additional inventory management, cloud configuration, and end user training as the role develops.
Primary contact for IT Case resolution - 30%
- Provide daily IT support and training to our global offices in English and Spanish alongside the Global IT Systems Analyst via the Salesforce case tracking system.
- Troubleshoot various issues in a predominantly PC and cloud-based environment, including significant video conferencing support.
- Coordinate case resolution with the network of local liaisons and independent IT consultants throughout our global offices.
- Coordinate and assist with local office projects in context of the above requirements.
IT hardware asset support - 25%
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy of hardware/software inventory, primarily through Salesforce and other control platforms compliant with NIST standards.
- Support procurement of IT assets globally alongside Global IT Systems Analyst and consultants org wide.
- Assist with hardware replacement logistics across various offices and distributed “work from home” environments.
- Assist in endpoint maintenance via Microsoft Intune which include ensuring the latest software and configuration updates are installed, scanning for malware, updating drivers, ad-hoc troubleshooting, etc. May also be asked to provide input on equipment selection and maintenance suggestions based on these monthly/quarterly assessments.
- Responsible for the disposal of aged hardware and adhering to a secure data policy in relation to the latent data contained therein.
IT software support - 25%
- General end user support for various (largely cloud based) systems such as Mimecast, Google Workspaces, Bitdefender, Zoom, Box, Salesforce, and Microsoft Azure.
- Responsible for provisioning/deprovisioning basic account settings for all users, including but not limited to: new user creation, user account management, asset management, networking/internet connectivity.
- Develop, test, deploy, and monitor both new and existing Microsoft Endpoint Manager/MDM policies alongside IT Ops team to assist with ensuring the latest software and configuration updates are installed, scanning for malware, updating drivers, ad-hoc troubleshooting, etc.
Office liaison contact - 10%
- Assist with identifying specific technology needs alongside IT consultants and liaisons across multiple offices globally.
- Proactively engage with and provide support for new IT projects/initiatives at a global level, primarily through consultant/liaison touchpoints.
IT policies and procedures support - 10%
- Recommend optimizations to IT processes as a front-facing IT contact with Root Capitals user base, including direct involvement with HR and Executive office initiatives.
- Makes key contributions to the development of Root Capital’s IT strategy, which should address technology, staff and vendor, risk management and other considerations in the enterprise IT environment for how IT should create value for the organization in alignment with Root Capital’s business strategy.
- Responsible for material advising on IT Operations policies and procedure manuals.
- Assist the Intranet Administrator on the improvement of the Intranet’s appearance and content. Serve as a point of contact for the Intranet Developers team and own (in coordination with the Intranet Administrator) specific portals on the Intranet to facilitate training and guidance on their overall development.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or relevant certifications
Previous Relevant Experience Required
- 1-2 years of experience in a technical field
- IT support / helpdesk experience, including user and inventory management as well as balancing support tickets, drop-in requests, and longer-term projects
- Experience with cloud-based IT systems, such as Google, Box OneLogin, Mimecast, and video conferencing systems (such as Zoom, Skype, etc.). Prior experience training others on these systems a plus.
- Facilitating in-person and virtual training sessions for end users and other trainers
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences from various language backgrounds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Elite customer service orientation including expectations of initial ticket response times within 4-8 business hours (EST).
- Ability to interface with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills, responsiveness, pride in work, and enthusiasm for innovation through technology
- Self-motivation and desire to Excel
May be asked to lift computer and A/V equipment up to 50lbs
Work Coordination and Supervision
- This position will participate in day-to-day help desk support primarily in the position's home office as well as all global offices, with leftover capacity dedicated to ongoing IT maintenance and larger scale IT Ops projects.
- This position will participate in day-to-day administration of IT systems such as Box, Mimecast, Bitdefender, OneLogin, etc., with guidance from IT Support Analyst and IT Ops Manager