Global Advisory Associate
Reports To: Global Advisory Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Region: Central America & Mexico - South America - United States
Location: Cambridge, United States; Lima, Perú; Chiapas, México; Managua, Nicaragua; OR San José, Costa Rica
Start Date: Immediately
Contact: Please apply by using the form below.
The Global Advisory Associate contributes to the operational and administrative management of the Advisory Service program globally. This role coordinates all global Advisory data management and systems needs, and provides administrative and logistical support to the global Advisory management team. This role reports to the Global Advisory Manager, and coordinates closely with the Advisory Quality Assurance Officer, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer for Advisory Services, the Regional Advisory Associates, and the Director of Innovation, as well as the Chief Programs Officer.
Mission & History of Root Capital
Root Capital invests in the growth of agricultural enterprises so they can transform rural communities. These businesses purchase crops such as coffee, cocoa, or grains from smallholder farmers. With growth, they become engines of impact that can raise incomes, create jobs, empower women and young people, sustain peace and preserve vulnerable ecosystems.
We supply these businesses with vital resources: access to capital, trade and technical partners, financial training and conservation practices. We work in hard-to-serve geographies where others don’t. To date, we’ve distributed $1.4 billion to improve the lives of over six million people in farming communities.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Root Capital currently has associated offices in Costa Rica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Peru, Senegal, and Kenya.
Information, knowledge, and data management - 40%
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of all Advisory knowledge management systems, including the Advisory intranet portal, the Advisory Box folder, and all other resource repository and sharing mechanisms.
- Propose and implement improvements to existing systems, and coordinate closely with Advisory, Impact and IT teams, as required to do so.
- Coordinate the general updates and roll- outs of global Advisory data management systems and processes: support team onboarding, training, and guidance; write process manuals and user guides as required on new tools and processes.
- Data quality and reporting:
- Participate in controlling and ensuring the quality of the information on Advisory activities globally. Compile and clean current and historical data.
- Consolidate information and perform basic data analysis for the preparation of ad hoc reports on Advisory activities and indicators.
- Information exchange:
- Coordinate Advisory team meetings, assist with scheduling, setting agendas, note taking, and follow- up. Schedule and support preparation of Advisory team presentations. Support with internal survey elaboration, translation, implementation and analysis.
- Ensure all relevant information on the Advisor network is up to date, available by region, consolidated globally, and available to regional managers as well as organizational senior leadership.
- Provide inputs and contribute to the development of materials, visuals, and talking points, for external Advisory communication and marketing purposes, in close coordination with the Communications and Business Development teams.
Operations and systems - 40%
- Centralize Advisory Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, capabilities and projects, and liaise with the IT department on the team needs and systems evolution.
- In direct support to the Advisory Quality Assurance Officer, contribute to the development of remote advisory online training capabilities through the systematization of tools, resources, user guides and best practices.
- Contribute to systems improvements and operativity (Adaptive, Salesforce, Do Forms and other key systems) by elaborating user manuals, contributing to training and user adoption, as well as troubleshooting.
- Conduct or coordinate all necessary translation of Advisory tools and material as required. Lead collaborative mapping of translation providers, provide guidance on relevant providers to use and invest in, develop an Advisory vocabulary guide that translators can use.
- Contribute to overall efficient management of Advisory resources, team, processes and operations.
- Support the update and roll-out of cross-cutting and global logistical and operational processes and tools; support team onboarding, training, and guidance; write process manuals and user guides as required.
Administration and logistics - 20%
- Support Global Advisory Management in the preparation of documents: terms of reference for contracting, minutes of meetings and emails, review and correction of agreements, contracts, letters, as well as the translation of these according to the quality criteria required by it.
- Participate in budget planning, execution and monitoring of the Advisory Management budget and resources. Invoice processing for expenses related to the Advisory Management budget.
- Support in the development of processes and mechanisms that favor budget efficiency: travel costs, event costs, etc.
- Responsible for preparing expense reports, and managing payment and reimbursement, for the following: Global Advisory Manager, Director of Innovation and Chief Programs Officer.
- Liaise with the Accounting team for the update and roll-out of cross-cutting and global administrative and budget processes.
- Support the Global Advisory Manager, Director of Innovation and Chief Programs Officer, in the management of their work schedules and travel logistics (ticket purchase, reservations for lodging, registration to events, trip schedule).
- Support with the coordination and organization of global events (such as team retreat) or strategic visits (donors, board of directors) that involve several regions.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economic Development or related field.
- At least one year of professional experience in project management, systems management, administrative and/or logistics support, ideally within a multi-geography context or teams.
- At least one year of professional experience in data analysis, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, or other relevant work incorporating quantitative and qualitative management of information.
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative skills; experience with data collection, management, cleaning, and analysis required. Proven ability to produce clear reports for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail. Very strong organization and project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, multitask, meet deadlines, and manage roles independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and in Spanish.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. User experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Service-oriented and system- oriented mindset with the ability to proactively identify and address team and program needs; creative thinker and proactive problem solver.
- Basic knowledge of accounting processes preferred.
- Strong commitment and empathy with the Root Capital mission and vision. Interest in working with small and medium rural businesses.
Commensurate with experience.
More information about Root Capital is available at www.rootcapital.org. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply using the form below as soon as possible, making sure to include a resume and cover letter that describes your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position. Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.