Digital Business Intelligence Advisor – Indonesia
Reports To: SEA Advisory Coordinator
Job Type: Part-time consultancy
Region: Southeast Asia
Start Date: Immediately
Contact: Please apply by sending a cover your Resume and Cover Letter to Nabil Mukhlis (email@example.com) with the following subject title: Application DBI Advisor Indonesia
Call aimed at professionals with experience in data management, manipulation and analysis for business decision making within agricultural businesses.
Root Capital invests in the growth of agricultural enterprises so they can transform rural communities. These businesses purchase crops such as coffee, cocoa, or grains from smallholder farmers. With growth, they become engines of impact that can raise incomes, create jobs, empower women and young people sustain peace and preserve vulnerable ecosystems.
We supply these businesses with vital resources: access to capital, trade and technical partners, financial training and conservation practices. We work in hard-to-serve geographies where others don’t. To date, we’ve distributed $1.5 billion to improve the lives of over ten million people in farming communities.
With twenty years of experience providing financing to smallholder agribusinesses, Root Capital has learned that sometimes credit alone does not help them grow and become stronger. Therefore, in addition to access to capital, it offers financial, agronomic, business intelligence, climate resilience, and gender and youth inclusive advisory in geographies that are difficult to serve. Businesses that receive our advisory services learn how to implement better business and financial practices for smart growth and continued success. We use a practical and participatory learning methodology, since our objective is that the company's personnel acquire new knowledge and skills and can implement them in the short term.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, Root Capital currently has offices in Costa Rica, Kenya and Mexico with associated offices in Nicaragua and Peru. Root Capital clients are found in over 13 countries: Mexico & Central America, South America, East and West Africa as well as Southeast Asia.
Train and advise agricultural companies using the Root Capital training methodology in the digitization, management, transformation, visualization and analysis of data to create a comprehensive vision of the business so that they can make better and more viable decisions.
- Carry out diagnostics for agribusiness clients, which includes measuring business performance in various management areas and identifying strengths, weaknesses and potential opportunities for development. Diagnostics assess client’s readiness (operational and human capacity) to incorporate Digital Business Intelligence (DBI) into their regular business operations.
- Prepare reports and draft recommendations based on the diagnostic results, and develop/co-create a customized training and work plan with clients.
- Design digital surveys or other data collection tools for field use in collaboration with the client.
- Provide advisory and training services to clients in line with Root Capital methodology on topics including but not limited to: mobile digital tools (use and development), field-based data collection, dashboard use, data management, data visualization and analysis for decision making.
- Conduct routine monitoring of client data collection and dashboard synchronization as well as troubleshoot technical problems.
- Contribute to Root Capital’s/organizational monitoring by registering activities carried out with clients (using digital data collection tools and Excel) and preparing monthly activity reports.
- Contribute to external reports with key impact information including results, challenges, lessons learned, and photos.
- Boost innovation through contributions to the development and piloting of new training instruments, methodologies and tools.
- Understand and effectively integrate gender inclusive approaches and gender mainstreaming best practices to ensure women participate and benefit equitably from Advisory Services and, more broadly, promote gender equity within our clients
Note: Must be willing to conduct advisory services (individually with a single client or multi-client workshops) online/remotely and in-person.
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration, Information Management or Information Technology related studies.// Experience or professional training in Analytics, Business Management, Agricultural Economics, or related studies and/or careers.
- Experience in the management, manipulation, visualization and analysis of statistical and financial data.
- 3-6+ years of experience in training and/or working with business development in rural agricultural areas and/or with agribusiness and/or cooperatives .
- Knowledge and application of participatory training, adult learning and facilitation methodologies
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Google Apps, and Zoom.
- Advanced or intermediate Excel skills (formulas, math functions, logic, search and reference, pivot table design, drop-down lists, pivot charts, excel plug-ins power query, pivot, view, maps)
- High planning and organizational management skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Strong writing skills and ability to prepare reports or other documents as required
- Team player and performance oriented individual
- Interest in and commitment to gender equity
- Ability to travel and work in different parts of the country.
- Ability to manage their work independently with a high degree of responsibility
- Knowledge of digital data collection tools such as iFormbuilder and SurveyCTO or data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in building BI models, modeling indicators, is valued.
The consultancy takes place in 2023, with the possibility to be renewed the following year. The first period will be three months, allowing a process of integration and adaptation, carrying out an evaluation at the end of the period to assess the continuity of the consultancy until December 2023. Each month it takes an average of 7 days for work.
- 1st. Stage: Reception of resume or curriculum vitae accompanied by a cover letter.
- 2nd. Stage: First Interview
- 3rd. Stage: Final interview