Advisory Associate, East Africa
Reports To: Regional Advisory Manager, East Africa
Job Type: Full-time
Region: East Africa
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: Immediately
Contact: Please apply by using the form below.
About Root Capital
Root Capital invests in the growth of agricultural enterprises so they can transform rural communities. These businesses purchase crops such as coffee, cocoa, or grains from smallholder farmers. With growth, they become engines of the impact that can raise incomes, create jobs, empower women and young people, sustain peace, and preserve vulnerable ecosystems.
Root Capital supplies these businesses with vital resources: access to capital, trade and technical partners, financial training, and conservation practices. We work in hard-to-serve geographies where others do not. To date, we have loaned $1.2 billion to improve the lives of six million people in farming communities.
Root Capital is seeking a full-time advisory associate to coordinate the implementation of a variety of essential advisory services projects in East Africa. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to foster coordination and cooperation among diverse groups of stakeholders. He/She will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle a heavy workload.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Identifying and recruiting beneficiaries of advisory services projects in close collaboration with Root Capital's lending and business development teams.
- Coordinating gaps assessment for various projects to determine the appropriate interventions to be undertaken.
- Monitoring the execution of advisory services projects and ensuring they are implemented within the set workplan.
- Ensuring adherence to advisory services quality standards in collaboration with quality assurance officer.
- Working closely with grant administration team in ensuring advisory activity costs are coded appropriately.
- Maintaining a record of key documents and keeping records concerning advisory activities for reporting purposes.
- Ensuring timely and accurate recording of all advisory activities in the stipulated recording systems in collaboration with the monitoring and evaluation team.
Required Skills & Experience
We are seeking candidates who excel in relationship building, are results-oriented, and have strong coordination and project management skills. You should have:
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and the ability to write a progress report of various projects.
- Knowledge of agricultural value chains and experience in working with agribusinesses are preferred, but not a must-have.
To apply, please fill out the form below and upload your resume and cover letter in the appropriate spaces.
Root Capital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, active military or veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth, and breastfeeding and expressing breast milk), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Root Capital is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that upholds our leadership principles of: empowerment, equity, integrity, service, and transparency